Monday, August 27, 2012

Return to The Reef

So I went back to The Reef to finally give the Mo-Ca Burger with Jerk Tofu a shot, and boy was it worth it. I was a little hesitant to try a tofu burger because although I'm a vegetarian, I have never tried a satisfying tofu dish. The Reef's Jerk Tofu Mo-Ca Burger was an exceptional burger and I can't believe it was made of tofu.

 

The tofu itself was marinated in jerk seasoning and topped with cheddar cheese, a grilled pineapple, jerk mayo and salsa and a side of plaintain chips.

The Burger: The cheese and pineapple takes the tofu burger to a tantalizing new level. It was sweet, cheezy and had a light spice. I myself preferred this burger with a little bit of their special hot sauce that you can ask for.

The Plaintain Chips: These are no ordinary chips, they are thick jerk-spiced chips. I wouldn't call them wonderful, because I thought they were softer and not as crispy as they were the last time I came, but they were a compatible pairing to my Mo-Ca Burger. They got this combo just right, with the not-too filling and flavourful chips.

And of course the Johnny Cakes which they serve right before every meal. This time I went they were way better than the last time. Gosh, I just can't get enough of them Johnny Cakes!!!


The Reef really has the Caribbean-Western fusion down right. And it's so exciting to come here because every one of their dishes is an exciting new experience.

The next time I go, I'd like to try their appetizer called "Doubles" which is basically a chana sandwich...interesting! Hoping for the best!


Stats:
Rating:
Food = 4.5/5
Service = 3/5
Value = 4.5/5
Ambiance = 3.5/5
Overall: 4/5

Cost of my meal: $14 + TAX
4172 Main Street,
Vancouver, BC, V5V 3P7
Contact:
Tel: 604-874-JERK (5375)

Price: $$ ($15 - $30)

Hours: Mon - Fri: 11AM - 1AM, Sat - Sun: 10AM - 1AM



The Reef on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment