Saturday, July 5, 2014

Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen

Service
I like :)

Great service from the waiter who may also be the owner just because he was attentive. We came 30 minutes before the lunch hour closes but he did not hint to us about having to close for lunch like most places would do (can't blame them). Even though the restaurant was busy, the waiter made sure to check on us occasionally. Best part is that when I left my phone here, he actually came after us to return it to me :D.

Dalai Lama Momos (deep-fried) 
I like :)

These were really good. It was vegetarian, yet wholesome and filling. Most restaurants have a hard time making tofu dishes taste good, this one has succeeded. (Another good tofu dish: The Reef's Mo-Ca Burger with Jerk Tofu). 

Palpali Paneer
Don't Like :(

Too creamy and lacking in flavour. Was similar to Shahi Paneer, but definitely not as good.

Tibetan Bun
I don't like :(

I was really expecting more from this bun, but it was just bland and slightly sweet. Kind of like the buns you can get at the Chinese bakeries here, but not as good. My friend, however did enjoy this bun

Will I be back?
Yes.

I'd like to try the other appetizers on their menu since I've heard good things about them.


Gurkha Himalayan Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment